Wednesday, November 23, 2011

SO VERY BLESSED

Once in a long while, if you are fortunate enough, someone comes along and enters your life and blesses you with their friendship, support and generosity.  My post today
is about someone who has done just that and I feel so blessed that
he came into my life.

My special friend is CURT.  You may know him from his blog, http://curtsplayhouse.blogspot.com/
and he has created something very special and dear to my heart.
If you have ever shared your life with a fur-friend, then you may also know about
the heartache that you endure when you have to say good bye to them.  My dear little Gadget left me in July and Curt was of great support to me through this time and he knew in his own heart from personal experience, just how much my heart
was broken.

Well, yesterday I received a parcel from Curt and this is what was in there.

First there was a beautiful card with some very touching words written inside.  The background is fabric that Curt stitched onto the black c/s.
  
Then, a most unexpected surprise ... a beautiful handcrafted book.  The book closure 
is a genuine dog collar and the dog tag reads "GADGET".


There are pockets, tags, embellishments, hand stamped images, journalling pockets, sentiments and sayings combined with adorable puppy printed papers.










 And look at this adorable puppy made from punched shapes.


One of my favourite tags is this one that Curt hung dog bones from string 
that dangle when opened.


There's even a 3D fire hydrant complete with the chains.


No words can express how Curt has made me feel by creating this wonderful book so that I may use it as a tribute to my sweet little Gadget.

"Life isn't measured by the breaths we take but rather by the moments
that take our breath away".

This is one of those moments. Thank you Curt from the bottom of my heart for this treasured gift and the gift of your friendship. 

~Bonnie~ 



12 comments:

Curt in Indy said...

Bonnie! Again, I'm so very glad you liked the gift. It was a labor of love and admiration for you. My heart broke when I learned of Gadget's passing, and I wanted you to know that I so understand. I just wanted you to know I cared. Thanks for the great tribute. You are a wonderful lady! Hugs, Curt

Gail said...

WOW! That's awesome!
Curt really is a wonderful guy!
Enjoy, it's beautiful, and I'm sure you can fill it with memories!
On a lighter note....look, you're getting us all doing mini albums!hahaha!

Patti J said...

Oh, Bonnie, how sweet! Curt is one of the sweetest, most giving people I've ever 'met'. When he gives, you know it's 100% from the heart. What a beautiful gift, and to a very deserving lady. Have fun filling it with photos and mementos, and hopefully lots of wonderful memories. Hugs and blessings - thanks so much for sharing!

Teresa said...

Wow It's a fantastic book Bonnie, how sweet of Curt to make it for you, what a dear friend.
Hugs Teresa xx

Anne Marie Hile said...

Oh my goodness, Bonnie! This is such a wonderful and heartfelt gift. Curt was so sweet to put this together for you to remember your sweet Gadget. Wow! What a beautiful way to celebrate his life. Sending you a big hug!! :)

Lee said...

Oh Bonnie,i am sat here tears streaming down my face.What a truly wonderful heartfelt creation Curt has made for you,i can feel the love from over here.He is a wonderful friend isn't he,and so modest.I wish i had half his talent.I know you will truly treasure that wonderful gift.Big Hugs hun.xxxxx

Allison Rankin said...

What a sweetheart! And he has a great eye for embellishments...every page is a winner!

Beate said...

What a sweet sweet man Curt is. His album and card look wonderful!
Hugs!!

Unknown said...

He is an amazing person,full of love and compassion. He cares so much, and I would like send my condolences to you if I may......

Miranda said...

Awesome Album from an AWESOME friend!

Susan said...

Bonnie, I am sorry for your loss. But I am oh-so-happy that you have a friend like Curt. He is such a gem. I look forward to his blog posts each week, and loved watching his video of your little book. Hugs to you and your family.

Anonymous said...

Bonnie
On Christmas day 2010 our sweet dog Ollie got very sick. We had to literally carry her 98 lbs outdoors to do her business. When Curt found out that i couldn't find a sturdy harness for her, he sent us his!! Curt also was my cyberspace shoulder that I cried on A LOT when we lost Ollie on March 1st of this year to a terrible disease. Curt is such a special person! I am soooo sorry for your loss Bonnie!