Wednesday, March 27, 2013

EASTER CHICK POUCH


Who doesn't like Easter chocolates?  
And the residents at Mom's retirement home are no exception.

Inspired by a video tutorial from
Michelle Last, 
(which can be found here:

I decided to make these little pouches filled with chocolate eggs 
for Mom's friends where she lives. 

Michelle has created some amazing projects and her
video tutorials are well produced and easy to follow.
Thanks Michelle, for the inspiration for this project.

Mom has become acquainted with many of the residents and some 
have shared sad stories of how they miss their
families who they rarely ever see.

Who does that???  Who can put their loved ones away 
some where and just forget about them?  Do these people
not realize that we will all be in our golden years eventually?

Anyway, to help bring some Easter smiles, these little pouches were
made with love and I know they will be enjoyed.  
And best of all, Mom is so happy to be able to spread
some cheer among her friends.



Thanks for stopping by.

HAPPY EASTER!

~Bonnie~

9 comments:

Myrna said...

Bonnie
Happy Easter to you and your family.
These are adorable and the thought behind them is so special.
I often wonder how people can just park their loved ones like an old car and forget about them. But that happens even when people aren't put in homes or lodges.
Thanks for popping by my blog and leaving such a neat comment.
Myrna

Gail said...

Those are the greatest, and they'll be much appreciated!
I drove the Handivan at the OFH again this morning!
I miss those people....I just didn't take MR.E to the hotel.
He goes to the bar, and I wasn't in the mood to try & talk him out of there when I had to go to work!
They're having Happy Hour at the OFH tonight, he can go to that!

Teresa said...

Oh Bonnie these are beautiful, they look gorgeous and I bet they will be appreciated too. Thanks for visiting my blog, hope you enjoy your Sunday, hugs Teresa xx

Curt in Indy said...

These are so adorable! And how sweet and thoughtful it was for you to do this. Actually, there are days when I could send Jay away and not look back, but then I come to my senses. . .Of course, I'm joking, but some people can't handle the reality of their parents getting old and that's how they deal with it. . .avoidance. Pity. . . .Hugs, Curt

Sue from Oregon said...

What fun-I bet they loved them. I have enjoyed browsing all your wonderful projects and new craft organization as well. I do hope Curt gets you motivated to post more lovelies!!! ♥ Sue Kment

Teresa said...

Hi Bonnie, I just wanted to say a massive thank you for all your lovely, encouraging comments you leave on my blog, I do appreciate it thank you.
Hugs Teresa xx

Me, My Stamps and I said...

I love your project for easter, so bright and cheerful!!!
tfs:)

Maire Gamber said...

How gorgoeus! What a wonderful idea and you did such a beautiful job on your project! I know all the women are going to love your gift!
Hugs,
Marie XX

Patti J said...

Hi Bonne, Long time, no see? Hope that you are okay, dear friend! I miss your 'smiles'....think about you often! Hugs...