Monday, September 5, 2011

FEATHERED FRIENDS

We have had the fortune of having bluebirds nest in our bluebird box, for the past 2 summers.  I have spent many hours, sitting on my deck, watching them come and go and on occasion, even fighting other birds in defence of their nesting box.

My friend Cathy gave me this little chipboard BIRD shaped mini book a long time ago and I decided to make use of it in the way of my preserving my bluebird photos.




I covered each chipboard bird (back and front) using various S/U D/P's and the glitter embellishments are from K&Co Spring Blossoms.



Upon opening the nesting box, I found a few tiny feathers, left behind in the nest.


The photos were taken with my little Canon Powershot, using the farthest zoom setting.  While the photos are not the greatest, they still allow me to preserve my memories of my little feathered friends.


Thanks for stopping by.

~Bonnie~

5 comments:

Gail said...

Awww, how cute is that!
Love it.....you're just trying to get me to do a mini album aren't you!?

Curt in Indy said...

This is just perfect! OMGosh the detail in your work is absolutely wonderful. The birds are beautiful. We had sparrows nest this year under our automatic awning. . .geez. . .we couldn't use it till nearly summer because if I hit the button to unroll it, it would have probably smashed the nest and I couldn't bare the thought of that. Hope you are well! Best, Curt

Lee said...

How lovely to have the birds in your nesting box,love birds.We always have loads of different bird food out in the winter.We get loads of finches of all beautiful colours.Love this Gorgeous little book and the way you have decorated it,great detail.Hugs xxx

Teresa said...

Oh how lovely Bonnie, you've made a gorgeous little keepsake, it's beautiful and the nest too, I love watching the birds come into the garden, we had house martins a few years back and they built their nest close to our bedroom window, so we could see them daily it was lovely. Thanks for all your lovely comments on my blog, I do like to hear from you, take care, hugs Teresa xx

Maire Gamber said...

How beautiful! I love birds! I have three birds..... and then a lot out outdoor birds! Your book is gorgeous..... How lucky!
Hugs,
Marie