Saturday, October 22, 2011

WORKSHOP FRIDAY

Last night was my turn to host our workshop and I decided on Christmas cards.
The first one was relatively simple with the image stamped in blue ink and then 
glitterfied with Glitter Ritz Warm Highlight.



The second card began as a relatively simple one too but ended up as anything but.
I was anxious to use my new SU Bigz Holiday Stocking Die, so that was 
the inspiration for the card.  The stocking was cut out and then embossed using a Cuttlebug snowflake folder and the top, heel and toe were cut from glitter c/s.  
I used my Grand Nestie Labels Four for the card base.  The card front became very heavy, so the back of the card was reinforced using 
two cardstock nesties and one thin chipboard nestie.  
Lot's of glitter, a big jingle bell
and a white feather boa strip completed the project.




The inside was finished with a triple circle of baja breeze, cherry cobbler (which has become my favourite go-to Christmas red) and a
focal image from the DP.


 You know how sometimes when you finish a design, you really feel good about it? 
.... well, that's how I feel about this card.  It was well worth the
time I invested in it. 

Thanks for stopping by.

~Bonnie~ 


5 comments:

Patti J said...

Bonnie, these are both beautiful! Great job, my friend!!! I'd have a terrible time choosing a favorite :)

Beate said...

Bonnie, both cards look wonderful! I love the calming colors and look of your first one and the amazing stocking on the second.
Hugs and smiles

Maire Gamber said...

Bonnie, I love both of these cards. the first is just elegant.... The second is just adorable! Love the Holiday Stocking. Great cards!
Hugs
Marie

Lee said...

Both are STUNNING.Phew a lot of work in the second one but so worth it,i love it.Hope you all well.xxx

Gail said...

Great cards Bonnie, and I love the stocking, even though it was a make work project!